Documented Policies, a core area of Effective Business Management
Policies and Procedures are fundamental to a business as it is the core framework within which a business operates. Small businesses often underestimate the need for up-to-date policies and procedures. The lack of having these crucial documents in place may result to be a large cost.
Having clear policies and procedures helps a business understand the process and how to operate more efficiently. It streamlines the daily processes and ensures there are fewer errors in the business’ day-to-day operations.
As they define standards for conduct and performance, they play a pivotal role in creating and maintaining the culture of the business. They assist with meeting strategic goals, reducing risks and identifying areas of business improvement.
Effective Policies often define the standards implemented in the workplace, they help employers manage staff more effectively by clearly defining behaviour in the workplace, and set out the implications of not complying with those policies.
Developing and implementing policies and procedures is an ongoing process of business improvement and small business should be reviewing these critical documents at least annually.
Our Policy & Procedures Services
An important area that businesses often overlook is their HR policies and procedures and Employment Agreements.
HR compliance requires staying on top of any employment law changes and ensuring your employees are timely informed of any changes. Managing how your business will manage new compliance updates is an ongoing task.
Partnered with Employment Hero, Evolution Cloud Accounting can assist you with putting these foundations in place, ensuring you meet Fair Work legislation and reducing the risk of industrial disputes or legal claims.
Whether it’s a Business Plan, a Financial Policy, or an Employment Agreement, we can help you with:
- Reviewing current policies and identifying areas of improvement;
- Drafting policies consistent with the values of your organisation;
- Setting up an electronic policy acknowledgement system for employees;
- Reviewing and updating policies in line with the latest Fair Work legislation;
- Preparing employment contracts, forms and policy handbooks;
- Setting up a seamless online employee onboarding process.
Our Advisory Packages
There’s a lot more about your business than just looking at the numbers.
Financial reporting tells the story about your business.
The Results package is designed to help our clients gain a better insight into their business.
Results includes the development of:
– Intelligent visual dashboards to gain better insights on your business performance;
– Performance reports to help you measure both your financials and non-financial metrics;
– Quarterly meetings to help you understand your business performance and cash flow situation.
Predictions are the future of the industry, using data to forecast where your business might be in the future to give you a clearer insight into your long term plans.
Once we’ve worked out what you want to achieve, we’ll help create the roadmap to get you there.
The Insights package includes all the services included in the Results package plus:
– Annual and Quarterly budget creation and management;
– Set up of Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and automatic alerts when those results have been achieved;
– Cash Flow Management Reports and Forecasting;
– Consolidation of multiple sub-businesses into coherent group reporting.
HR and Business Compliance is key to the longevity of a business. Creating and maintaining policies for your business can be a costly and time-consuming task.
The Review Starter Pack is perfect for any business that needs to quickly implement a core set of policies and procedures in the organisation.
The package includes:
– A snapshot business review to identify the required policies and procedures;
– A suite of up-to-date compliant policies and procedural templates;
– Basic review and customisation of the above template to suit your corporate values*.
* Contact us for a tailored quote, if you require a more comprehensive review and customisation of your company policies.